MindsEye is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Current Job Openings
Arts & Culture Coordinator
MindsEye is currently seeking an Arts & Culture Coordinator who will work from our office in Belleville, IL.
The Arts & Culture Coordinator will:
- Manage the Audio Description (AD) program
- Promote AD events through a variety of methods – social media, newsletters, email, and website posting
- Connect with existing and new venues and build structured community partnerships
- Schedule and coordinate AD volunteers to describe events
- Maintain a regular communication loop between the AD team, venues/community partners, and AD patrons
- Coordinate the Arts & Culture Accessibility Cooperative (ACAC)
- Work with MindsEye staff and ACAC steering committee to design and plan regularly scheduled forums
- Outreach to existing and new community partners to grow the ACAC initiative
- Monitor and evaluate both the AD program and ACAC initiative to measure outcomes and program impact
- Develop the AD team through training workshops and continuing education
- Desire to complete AD training and provide both live and written description
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn the technical aspects of the Audio Description Program
- Excellent relationship building and follow-up skills
- Ability to wear many hats and pivot when needed
- Reliable source of transportation
- Top notch organizational skills
- Ability to speak comfortably to groups of 2-100 individuals
- Experience using Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently while following prescribed instructions
Great to haves:
- Familiarity with the local blind, low vision, disability or senior communities.
- Familiarity with the local arts and culture institutions or sporting venues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Arts, Theatre, Non-profit Management, or another related field.
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations, volunteer management, or as a volunteer.
Other things to know:
- MindsEye organizational values are Compassion, Sustainability, and Excellence.
- This position is part-time 20-24 hours/week, with the opportunity to become full-time.
- While the hours for this position are typically scheduled Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM, evenings and weekends may be required to attend community events, committee meetings, trainings, and organizational events.
This position pays $14.50-16.50 per hour.
MindsEye offers several unpaid internship opportunities for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. The ideal candidate is a college student looking to improve job prospects through real-world application, but post-graduation adults looking to learn new skills are welcome to apply.
Current Internship Openings: